A complete range of materials are machined, from ferrous and non-ferrous metals to fibrous and plastic materials.
Cambrian Engineering has a particularly high level of expertise in high speed machining of metals which is combined with the latest in CAD/CAM software and CNC machinery.
All machining techniques are catered for, with equipment for:
- Drilling and boring
- Tapping and screwing
- Automatic bandsaws and cutoff saws
- Single, multi spindle and CNC automatic lathes, both bar feed and chucking
- Capstan and precision toolroom lathes, both bar feed and chucking
- Semi automatic and precision mills
- CNC Machining Centres – pallet changing and 4th axis
- Production and tool grinders
- Rotary transfer high production drilling, automatic drilling, multi-head and multi-spindle drilling, turret drilling and precision drilling
- Mechanical presses
- Shielded arc, TIG and gas welding
- Hard and soft soldering
Facilities are equipped for short or long production runs, together with the capability of manufacturing complex componentry efficiently. As a production facility the maximum turning capacity is 400 mm dia and 1000 x 500 x 600 milling; larger sizes can be machined but only for short or special runs.
Press capacity is up to 30 tonne.
Examples of CNC machining are:
Items machined cover a wide diversity, from pins and screws 1.5 mm dia. to 400 mm dia. labyrinth seal rings.
Cambrian lines – spray pumps, hose fittings, polythene pipe fittings, valves, sharpening steels, hinges, door and window fittings
Industrial – transformer and switchgear componentry, cable glands and fittings.
Agricultural – spray guns and pumps, drinking valves, various fittings for dairying and meat processing.
Commercial and Domestic – hospital equipment componentry, nuts, bolts and studs – both standard and special threads